Samstag, 1. September 2018

GHOST - "PREQUELLE" (2018)

GHOST - "PREQUELLE"
(Running time: 41:47 minutes; 10 songs)
("Loma Vista Recordings"; 2018; CD):
Hey guys, yes, here's my next dose'n'load aimed at and coming for you and this time it will be my record-review on the new GHOST full-length-album "PREQUELLE" released very recently this very year of 2018 via "LOMA VISTA RECORDINGS" on CD in a normal and in a digi-pak-version of which the latter one I call mine (but don't ask me 'bout any differences beside the packaging) and I would bet that there's also officially released vinyl of it floating around outta there and this pretty much also in various forms which here and now means various colours. This is my very first GHOST record and also more or less my first reallly proper 'meeting' with them after before "PREQUELLE" I always thought it would just be another overly hyped act but after a good friend of mine (also very trustworthy in all things musick) told me that they would beside all the hype in fact be very good band and also their newest record despise all the controversy surrounding it would be very strong I decided to finally give GHOST a try as well and also decided to start directly with their newest offering "PREQUELLE" and so now here we are. After this introduction please don't wait for any comparisions with their earlier work and just expect me to do my review solely on this very one here, GHOST's "PREQUELLE". What GHOST deliver us here on and with and via "PREQUELLE" is a damn fascinating and very independently done metallic mixture out of Rock and Gothic and this in a very 'freshly delviered' way with some very cool and very catchy Pop appeal to it all, yes, and this very open (how I liked and still like to call it) Pop appeal I mean in every sense and way positive even it is (for all what I understand) one of the if not the biggest point of criticism the majority of critics is or gets vocal about, hm, how I see it even without knowing GHOST so much before "PREQUELLE" they were anyhow never that much the band of and for all the 'metallic trueness warriors' outta there or at least I never perceived them that way and so I don't really understand the discussions I got and am aware of surrounding GHOST's "PREQUELLE" but who am I too judge, so to say… For all what I can say is that if you are looking out for a damn strong and very Fresh nicely metallic Gothic Rock cocktail full of a very own identity and strong and grapping ideas that combines easily and very charming flowingly Gothic ingredients and Gothic Rock marks with loads of melodic Hard/Heavy Rock impressions and a good amount of stunning Classic/Vinatge Rock ideas and wraps it all together with head-banging studded Heavy Metal leather as well as some good healthy doses of anthemic 1980's Stadium Rock impressions while all is marked by a gigantic 'catchy poppyness' (again, in all sense positive meant) and all interwoven by a tight and nicely intense atmosphere then you will find in and with GHOST's "PREQUELLE" pretty much exactly what you are looking and searching for. GHOST's "PREQUELLE" is heavily marked by a very atmospheric and intense aligned songwriting that's filled with grapping hooks and a very dynamic and rousing, exciting and very energetic approach to it all with a big bunch of strong arrangements and a great flowing nicely diverse rhythm structure work of the songs in general and stunning compositorial ideas so that it pretty much all shines with a strong 'freshness' and it's pretty much all showcasing a pretty own character as well as damn convincing quality. The very urgently and imprloringly delivered, very intense and top notch clear and clean vokillz really shine above all with their massive power, their many facets, and their very own tone and character. Then the very strong and highly diverse and the songs definitely massively enriching and marking fantastic and highly melodic while yet being all the time also pretty powerful guitars then dominate massively, while being backed up in an ultra-precise and also damn diverse way by the powerful rhythm section and 'some other instruments' (so to say, and to make it short and easy for me here) also perform their duties in a damn strong to great way. And in our day and age delivering two instrumentals on one album as a 'chart breaking band' like GHOST do/did here on "PREQUELLE" with "MIASMA" and "HELVETESFÖNSTER" is also a damn strong statement. Not all is gold, okay, for example I miss a bit of dirt and danger and GHOST's "PREQUELLE" is for my taste a bit too secure and there are a bit of too many too pathos-pregnant-balladesk songs on it but after all I guess that's which means the latter is just part of the deal known as Gothic and Gothic Rock and so at the end of the day I guess it's all good and fine especially after I am not that 100% into that target group, so to say. My personal favorites are "RATS", "FAITH", "SET THE LIGHT", the absolutely fantastic "MIASMA", the stunning "DANCE MACABRE", and "LIFE ETERNAL", yes, so maybe check this ones out first. Pretty interesting and cool lyrics, an absolutely drop-dead-gorgeous artwork, and a heavy smashing production sound then finally round GHOST's "PREQUELLE" very befittingly up. Well done, very well done.
(8,5 of 10 points)
http://ghost-official.com/ (-the link to the homepage of the band)





GHOST live @ the "DOWNLOAD FESTIVAL" in 2018, playing "GHOST CIRCLE" and the masterly "MIASMA".






Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen