Freitag, 5. Januar 2018

LEGION 76 - "LEGION 76" (2017)

LEGION 76 - "LEGION 76"
(Running time: 43:05 minutes; 14 songs)
("Contra Records"; 2017; CD):
Good morning my dear readers, okay, it's nearly eleven o'clock (a.m.) while I am starting this post (okay, with an-hour-break due to a telephone-call, okay...) and so maybe already not really that much anyhow 'morning' anyway but anyhow the right time to start on working a new post which means ('yet-still of course...') on a new record-review post for you all outta there and so now here we are and what's now about to hit you is my record-review on the self-titled compilation- and (if I am now correct sort of) full-length-debut-album of/by LEGION 76 from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania/U.S.A. delivering us one of the most amazing and very best albums of 2017 and that serve us one hell of an outstanding American Oi! on one hell of a level of quality, oh hell yeahr, and they took me by storm with it and totally conquered me in a more than just supreme way. LEGION 76 were/are also a band that (shame on me, I know) were more or less totally unknown to me before I got my hands on this album. I knew them a bit through social media stuff and sort of due to YouTube and also their Bandcamp site and what I knew convinced me strongly but for all what I got (please, correct me if I am wrong with/on that...) so far they only released vinyl 10"'s, singles and split releases and due to the fact that I only pretty recently before christmas 2017 managed to not forget about it and so finally made a new LP-player as a gift to me, myself, and I from me, myself, and I a band like the LEGION 76 was so far sort of mostly 'under-my-radar-screen' and so I was really glad and really 'curiously' excited when I saw that this self-titled compilation-album on CD was released (for all what I know, correct me if I am wrong with/on that...) at the end (?) of 2017 via the strong-going german "CONTRA RECORDS" label and it was already pretty clear for/to me that I definitely would need to call this my very own, yes, and so I did with buying it promptly. And since then it is 'ongoingly' on heavy rotation. This is highest grade American Oi! the brickwall style. Between powerful kicking up tempo and massively energetic and nicely dynamic stomping mid pace LEGION 76 move and they deliver one sheer full force fist in the air heavy and crushing 'masterly' executed Oi! Oi! Oi! that's highly intense (attitude-, atmosphere-, and deliverywise) and absolutely massive and also done very, very well-skilled and maybe loosely to be located standing proud and strong on a very stand-alone and self-contained position somehwere between BOOT PARTY and PATTON'S LEGION as well as SOLDIER 76 on the one side and STARS & STRIPES and BONECRUSHER on the other side (and fans of the great german GUTS & GLORY, just in case you may know/knew and still remember them, will surely love the LEGION 76 as well, too) and this they do with having a very strong own identity and a pretty unique approach to it all already as well. This shines through in the formidable songwriting that delivers highly energetic and dynamic powerful crushing and smashing song arrangements and rhythm archtitectures all the way that really excite and (a)rouse you and grab you instantly and carry you with them all the way, all the time, again and again, yes, and the very honest and so also very sympathic attitude and mentality also only adds up to the many benefits of/for  LEGION 76, oh yes, and that this fine gentlemen also for damn sure know how to play I only mention here for reasons of completness. What also really totally just rules supremely is the fact that LEGION 76 really manage to deliver truly damn strong and very fresh arranged verses really absoultely all the time as well as absoultely stunning and completly alive/lively massive fist in the air and sing a long refrains that turn each and every song simply into nothing else but totally larger than life anthems and/or hymns all the damn ride and this all absoultely 'amazingly' on a larger than life level of skill and quality and identity. Powered forward by hard stomping and yet very melodic sharp cutting and heavy hitting guitars that deliver one hell of a thundering rhythm work and also first class leads and headspinning solos, too. All pushed on and on by rough'n'tough as nails dry and heavy, throaty and yet still sort of really melodic and especially full and powerful shouted and sung lead vocals that are backed up by very forceful loud, wide, fat, and proud gang back up chants. The 'grizzly' bass work and the harsh stomping drumming then round it all finally up. And this all, like already said, on a damn high skilled level of delivery, point and fact. I know that for/on 2017 I haven't done one of my usual retrospections up here but you can be sure that if I would have done so then LEGION 76's "LEGION 76" would be definitely to be found in my personal top five ranks/list, yes, and this without a single doubt. Strong and honest Working Class and Oi! lyrics, a really gorgeous and beautiful artwork, and dirty, earthy, and yet heavy hitting production sound then round it all finally up, yes, and this in all the right way.The whole album is just through and through pure platinum and so I will spare me any 'listening-tipps' right here, right now. Instead of this I now close this record-review with saying that anyone who states he/she would be only anyhow slightly into Oi! and Streetpunk music needs to have this larger than life American Oi! masterpiece in his/her Collection (promptly) and so go out and get it and this best instantly right now, period. Cheers & Oi! Oi! Oi!
(10 of 10 points)
https://legion76.bandcamp.com/ (-the link to the Bandcamp site of the band)





LEGION 76 - "INTO DARKNESS" (2017, "LEGION 76")











Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen