Freitag, 23. Februar 2018

VICTORIUS - "DINOSAUR WARFARE: LEGEND OF THE POWER SAURUS" (2018)

VICTORIUS - "DINOSAUR WARFARE: LEGEND OF THE POWER SAURUS"
(Running time: 21:16 minutes; 6 songs)
("Massacre Records"; 2018; CD):
Hey guys, yes, seems like I hopefully managed to leave my influenza behind and after a long walk in the bitter cold but incredible sunny weather out there I just came back home recently and decided why not give you a new record-review load and so now I am about to do right now; respectively so I (will) do right now and so so here's now my review on the brandnew VICTORIUS Mini-CD "DINOSAUR WARFARE: LEGEND OF THE POWER SAURUS" and it's been recently released via the legendary "MASSACRE RECORDS" label and it offers in shortly 22 minutes six new songs of/by the german Speed Metal 'nerds'. 'Nerds'? Why 'nerds'? Well, that's simple: If the albumname for you isn't already saying it all then let it be known that this is sort of a concept-album about the 'holy war' of the Dinosaurs against Alien Invaders from outta space and it reminds me quite a bit of the glorified and glorious "Dino Riders" and the (al)mighty "Power Rangers", thematically and lyric-wise, and so, yes, 'nerds'. And after I am (my)self a damn huge 'nerd' that by me is definitely sort of a huge compliment. And also the glorious and just gorgeous artwork that's designed in the tradition of old "Streetfighter" and "Mortal Kombat" video games only adds up to the 'nerd' character and also only adds up to my enthusiasm. And with in-working in a just brilliant way the undying great "Power Rangers" title score into their smasher "LEGEND OF THE POWER SAURUS" is just a totally mindblowing element and a huge surprise and if I imagine how damn even greater the "Power Rangers" movie would have been with this Mini-CD as its soundtrack, whoooaaa, my hearts beats faster. And what about the music, the most important 'thing', you now rightfully may ask. Makes the music my heart also beat faster and what do we get anyway? What do we get, like already above mentioned, is Speed Metal. Melodic Speed Metal with healthy portions of Power Metal in it, carrying really huge refrains to us, and with some sprinklings of Symphonic Metal in it as well. This is, so you may can say, symphonic and melodic and very powerful Speed Metal of the german kind and so maybe German Speed Metal or Teutonic Speed Metal are pretty good terms to describe VICTORIUS pretty accurate. If you now may don't know what this in particular means then let me say that VOCTORIUS rage on full throttle somewhere in the metallic realms (in)between GAMMA RAY, HELLOWEEN, and (earlier) BLIND GUARDIAN and they do it already very strong (already because for all what I've read this Mini-CD is so far only their second release with their debut being released last year in 2017, correct me if I am wrong, and before you ask, yes, VICTORIUS were unknown to me before this mini-album) and what I personally like a lot is that VICTORIUS push straight ahead forward and that they cut off the by times too 'out-swallowed' epicness of especially BLIND GUARDIAN and maybe (to surely) also GAMMA RAY and so VICTORIUS come without any circumlocution straight to point and this in combination with the pretty high pitched and fast yet very clear, melodic, and forceful sung lead vocals and the often pretty surprising fresh and 'nerdy' guitar leads and melody lines helps VICTORIUS a lot to build momentum and to create an already pretty strong own character that will hopefully only grow on and on and get/become even far more 'prominent' (so to say) in (the) future. The songwriting also offers a lot that will surely entertain especially any fans of (so to say) (Teutonic) Speed Metal instantly but I am pretty sure that the full-throttle fast paced songs with the rousing arranged verses and the huge anthemic refrains, the loud widescreen 'power-choirs', the quick delivered and forceful changes in the rhythm structures and the compositorial arrangements of the songs, the in parts already pretty fantastic melody work, and the fresh and naughty ideas will also heavily please most to any Heavy/Power/Speed Metal fans in general. Expect swift as an arrow delivered symphonic singing and powerful onwards pushing full throttle and no breaks guitars, huge lead vocals and widescreen backing choirs, and a 'weasel-nimble' rhythm section with a lot of force behind it all, yes, and expect this all to be done on a surely high qualitylevel by strong musicians. This Mini-CD only leaves me hungry for me and I think I will also check out their last year's debut (?) release that carries the title "HEART OF THE PHOENIX" in the future. VICTORIUS deliver us here on "DINOSAUR WARFARE: LEGEND OF THE POWER SAURUS" also great lyrics, cool and entertaining and so far very unique (and if you don't take everything and anything including yourself all the time oh so bloody serious then I see no reason why you shouldn't enjoy the lyrics here as well anyway), an absolutely amazing and beautiful artwork with that I fell in love right at first sight, and a very powerful production sound to back it all up impressively. So, yes, if you are anyway anyhow into the above mentioned bands and genres then by any means I would definitely say that you need to check out VICTORIUS' "DINOSAUR WARFARE: LEGEND OF THE POWER SAURUS" or better get it promptly and instantly. If VICTORIUS keep 'this thing' going then I am pretty sure that we can expect something really big in the (soon) future. And anyhow, yes, here and now you have my clear recommendation in terms of this little gem here.
(8 of 10 points)
www.victoriusmetal.net (-the link to the homepage of the band)







VICTORIUS - "LEGEND OF THE POWER SAURUS" (2018, "DINOSAUR WARFARE: LEGEND OF THE POWER SAURUS")







Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen