Mittwoch, 27. Oktober 2010

*** From the West Coast to the East Coast, it's American ROCK AGAINST COMMUNISM on the Attack!!! ***

FIGHTING 84 & COMBATE 49 - "WEST COAST TO EAST COAST ROCK AGAINST COMMUNISM" ("D.I.Y."; CD):
Yeahr, here it is, a record that I've been waiting for, and that also for quite a while already now. I'm so fucking happy that FIGHTING 84 finally put out their debut release, 'Hell Yeahr!', and it's more than just cool that I got it, and for that a huge 'THANX A LOT!' is going out to BRANDON of FIGHTING 84 for sending me this CD, just great, I really appreciate it, so yeahr, 'THANX!' and 'ALL HAIL!' across the borders and the ocean to you my mate!!! 'Keep up the good fight!!! Oi! Oi! Oi!' So, like you all should know by reading this very blog here I'm a huge fan of FIGHTING 84 from the very beginning on when I first listened to them on respectively via MySpace and do yourself a huge favor and read the two interviews that I've already done with them here for this blog, and now we will go straight ahead to this record respectively the review of this record. It reached me this past saturday and damn it, but I was fucking curious about it and simply couldn't wait to listen to it... and I can't really tell ya how many times this CD ran up and down and was turned round and round in my CD player, no matter if it's my stereo at home or the one in my car, and on my MP3 player it's also and giving me the right music to go and pump iron in the gym, fucking awesome. So, the to me totally new and before this CD damn unknown COMBATE 49 are kicking this CD off. A spanish singing R.A.C. band from N.Y.C., if I'm now not throwing something totally across right now. Giving us two songs, "SOMOS PATRIOTAS" and "ENEMIGOS", and the first one they give us also in a live recorded version. It's a nice start for me with this band. Some angry and hard hitting Skinhead Rock'n'Oi! sound with patriotic and anti-communist lyrics (yeahr, you read it right, the four years of spanish as a subject in school hadn't been a complete farce, haha;-)...), and all very strong dominated by the angular and grumpy guitar playing and the very pissed off and pretty aggressive lead vocals. Also, and that's always cool, the bass playing is very well present, and it's a pretty heavy and well jaw chopping affair, and that's pretty cool and damn nice. Also the massive stunning drum work is really very well stuff. Sounds pretty good, but there's a annoying cosmetic defect to it, and that's the fact that it all could have be done really much, much more tighter and also much more certain when it comes to the timing, especially when it comes to the guitar playing that sometimes really getting out of the rhythm and pace of the songs. But okay, it's all not that annoying at all, because on the one hand it's all not that erratic like it now may sound (trust me!!!), and on the other hand this is just the first recording for them and they showcase us already some very strong potential, also because they already know pretty good what they have to do when it comes to writing songs, which means that their songwriting is already pretty good stuff that will catch your attention pretty fast. With "SOMOS PATRIOTAS" they give us a heavy and brutal mid paced Bootboy stomper, and with "ENEMIGOS" we do get a very evil, aggressive and damn pissed off fast hammered hatefilled bullet straight in our ears. Hm, one thing that I always recognize when it comes to spanish singing bands is that the lyrics more or less always seem to be too long for the songs, haha, just listen to "ENEMIGOS" and you will know what I mean: While the singer is still singing the strophes the music seem to have already reached the next part of the song and is just waiting for the vocals. Don't know what I want to say with that here and now, hm, but it's just something that I somehow usually recognize when I'm listening to 'spanish music' no matter of which genre, and I think that's all what I wanted to say to you with that, haha;-). All in all COMBATE 49 do get 7 out of 10 points, and that's already a good start if ya ask me, a really good start that not that many bands know to succeed with this days. Good, solid job by them, point and fact!!! So, after COMBATE 49 then are coming FIGHTING 84 from L. fuckin' A. city, and I was really excited about how they will sound here on their first recording. And now I'm even more excited about how damn good they sound, about the fact that they already sound that damn good, strong and also already really pretty tight and that there's no flurry hecticness to be recognized, and guys, for that my honest respect to ya!!! They give us three songs and are starting with their brandnew track "RED DAWN", and damn it, that's some pure hate track, a battle anthem that's filled with so much mercyless aggression and brutality that it makes you want to go out and kick in someone's head. Damn fast paced, full throttle and the engine is constantly running on full power in the red zone of the engine performance. Evil grinding and very sharp played guitars, a brutal hammering bass and fast and hard played drums are the ingredients of this song, and the brutal and very forceful vocals are really the golden crown on the head of this song. A very militant and gladiatorial song, filled with shiploads of energy and pure fury, great!!! Also nice quick break in the song to fasten up the pace even more. Nice shot!!! It's also all really pretty tight done, so thumbs up!!! Can't wait for more new songs of this quality, so hurry up guys!!! Then comes there 'old song' named "ON PARADE", and that's really an impressive statement. Compare this recorded version respectively this recording of the song with their first versions on MySpace and you will get aware of how much they have already developed. I like this song and its message, and also the raw and rough attitude of this angry and pretty fast staccato rhythm song, and I can really imagine how the crowd will go nuts when this song is played live. Also nice sound gadget in the middle of the track, and again it's a very fast track that will smash some P.C. faggots heads in. Then comes my peronal favorite of them, no matter if it's about the lyrics or the music, and that's the great "CLASS RAGE", the slowest song of them on this record here, but still pretty fast, coming with some nice and pretty 'unamerican' guitar work, some great 'Chiswick guitar riffing' in the tradition of the old SKREWDRIVER, great, and also some fuckin' present bass playing and very tight drum work, fuck it, that's what I'm talking about!!! Political lyrics that are also strongly critical on society and damn patriotic, anti-communist and gladiatorial and unbroken, great!!! They also know how to write grapping songs, and they demonstrate us how much potential they do call their own, even this is already a damn strong work of and by them. FIGHTING 84 do get 9 out of 10 points, and I hope that they will find some good label very soon that will back them up with some more bucks that they can spend on the production, because the production sound (especially when it comes to the guitars) is the only annoying thing here. But damn it, no criticism at all, 'cause it all costs a lot of money, and that's why I hope for a good label that will give them the more than only justified support. And don't get anything wrong, this here is R.A.C. the way it should have always been meant, just right wing, patriotic and conservative and anti-communist music, no White Power music faggot crap and no stupid NS Rock, that's how it should be always done. Ah, and this counts for both bands. And yes, you can also call it just fucking good Oi! music, nothing else, if ya have the guts to do it!!! So, the production sound, when it comes to both bands, could be far better, but it's a demo recording, so no real criticism at all, and also you get used to it very quick. The artwork looks really pretty cool (it really makes me want to know about the possible message behind it), and the CD comes as a CD-R in a Slim Case, just that you know it. And if ya now ask yourself what to do, ha, damn it stupid, nothing else then getting into contact with at least one of the bands and get this fucking little gem!!! Damn, I' fuckig happy and proud that I call it my own. Great stuff!!! All in all it gets... (8 of 10 points)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen