Mittwoch, 16. August 2017

STEEL PANTHER - "LOWER THE BAR" (2017)

STEEL PANTHER - "LOWER THE BAR"
(Running time: 39:21 minutes; 11 songs)
("Steel Panther Inc." & "Kobalt Label Services American, Inc."; 2017; CD):
Okay folks, back on track again... or no... definitely not back on track again, no definitely not... and so I use this post (and with each of the following ones for a pretty long while it will be the exact same case) pretty much as a sort of a "therapeutic measure" to somehow try to get out one day of this deep hole in that I'm currently completly stucked in... yes, the two days ago or so mentioned "private troubles" couldn't be, hm, yes, couldn't be solved... instead of being solved "they" rather definitely got the best of me... but how-ever, life sucks and we all gonna die, I guess, but this blog never was and never will be an emo blog so okay, how-ever, life goes on one day, I guess, again/too, and so, yes, here we go again: Here and now comes my review on the current STEEL PANTHER album "LOWER THE BAR" and beside some (mostly funny) singles this is the or better my first full-length experience with STEEL PANTHER, and if you shouldn't know STEEL PANTHER so far than be prepared for a load of pubertal funny, tasteless humorous and self-deprecating Sleaze Rock or maybe even better Hair Metal that's musicwise really strong and that's lyricwise... giving you a big blush in your face while listening to it, and even more when you start singing along to it due to the damn catchy and hymnal approach of the music and the songs. And with that said we're already right in the middle or the action of this review.  Do you like Sleaze Rock or Hair Metal like for example WARRANT or MÖTLEY CRÜE?!? Great, then you're at the right place here with STEEL PANTHER; even for all what I would say STEEL PANTHER are, yes, just sort of a parody, yes, a "comedy band". And I also think they by themselves made this all the time pretty clear. That out of the way... yes, you now could say that in my current mood that's definitely a total inadequate band and album to listen to and to review it and you would be right, no discussions, but I now have this one already a few months and I have listened to it quite often and so I'll do it anyhow anyway today/tonight; just don't be confused when it will maybe turn out to be sort of a less enthusiastic one then you're used to get up here (less enthuastic because of my above mentioned damn depressing current situation). STEEL PANTHER deliver us strong rocking, yet melodic guitars that kick off cool groovin'n'rollin' rhythms, a nice load of variations of pace and rhythmic arrangements and that also and especially deliver us taste-safe and tasteful catchy and hymnal leads as well as a bunch of cool and strong solo work. The rhythm section goes in a very manifold way with lots of energy to work, adding a lot of "diversified-wealth", excitement, and grapping moments to the songs and the album. The snotty and naughty lead vocals then just give the song the final "nutritious-finishing" and loud back up singings round it all up. The songwriting is very tight and offers also a big bunch of dynamics that really enrich the songs and STEEL PANTHER deliver a good load of nice and fresh surprises while keeping the energy level always pretty high. This is no new or second "CHERRY PIE",if you get what I mean, but it's anyhow a really decent and strong album for every sleazin'n'rolling Hair Metal fan. The lyrics are dumb or funny, depends on your humour and/or (maybe) on the situation and the mood you're in, but "they" hurt no one and are simply part of the STEEL PANTHER "concept", and so all is good and fine with me. The songs offer a lot of sing-a-long hymnal potential and, yes, are "just" damn good, period. A funny artwork and a good production sound make it all complete. Okay, a clear recommendation if you are into above mentioned bands and genres of music. Don't expect a milstone or a new masterpiece, but you get a decent and truly damn good album that you should call your own if you are only a little bit into the already one or two times mentioned bands and genres. My personal favorites are "GOIN' IN THE BACKDOOR", "ANYTHING GOES", "POONTANG BOOMERANG", "WRONG SIDE OF THE TRACKS (OUT IN BEVERLY HILLS)", "PUSSY AIN'T FREE", and "SHE'S TIGHT", but also the not mentioned songs are decent, good stuff that won't disappoint you anyway. So, yes, that's it, so go, and check it out or even better, yes, buy it instantly. Btw, and maybe don't take it all too overly serious, because the band doesn't do so by themselves... but take their music serious, because that's some serious good stuff (and I would bet that STEEL PANTHER take their music pretty serious as well). And now, good night or so.
(8 of 10 points)
https://store.steelpantherrocks.com/ (-the link to the homepage of the band)

Note: I don't know when I will get myself up again to do new stuff up here, currently I am sort of totally "exhausted" and "powerless" on "all fronts of life", I'm just completly "done" and "down'n'out" and I don't know when "things" will look, feel, and go better again and so I won't name you any date or a certain "period-of-time" when you will see new posts up here; I won't quit it again, even not now (or maybe in the long run especially not now) but I honestly really don't know when new stuff will come up, when I will find the mood to do so again... maybe (already) some day this week, maybe (just) some day the next weeks, or maybe already tomorrow or maybe not before the next month, I really don't know it but I know and promise you here and now calmly that new stuff will come sooner or later this year the next weeks again up here and so stay calm and just wait for it, even you may have to wait a little bit longer than the last weeks since the rebirth of this very blog. Okay, that's it, I wish you all the best and have a nice evening. I'm done. I'm out.






STEEL PANTHER - "POONTANG BOOMERANG" (2017, "LOWER THE BAR")











Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen