Samstag, 8. Januar 2011

*** LOW PLACES of L.A. - Vicious Hardcore from the City of Angels ***

LOW PLACES - "LOW PLACES"
("D.I.Y."; Download-EP):
Now here's coming a little premiere on this very blog here, because I will post for the first time a download opportunity for ya. I decided not to create and post downloads anyway, but if I'm faced with official free and legal downloads that are posted with the authorization of the bands themselves (or by the bands themselves), nah, why shouldn't I do it?!? Especially when (for what I know) of the releases there aren't any physical copies floating around?!? And both is here the case, the download is the 'official-band-download' (@ bandcamp) and (at least for what I know) there aren't any physical copies of this one existing. So if ya like what ya read now and if ya think that could be something intersting for ya, get up, just download it!!! So, okay, enough introduction words, now onwards to this release here. LOW PLACES are a band from Los Angeles, and beside this 2010 Download EP (for what I know a total D.I.Y. affair) they've already released a D.I.Y. Demo on tape (Old School!!!) earlier. And what do we get from them?!? Extreme and heavy and brutal stuff, for sure!!! Sick and angry, noisy and hammering metallic Hardcore with very rich-on-distortion-being and noisy guitar playing, 'psychotically' screamed lead vocals, and a very hard and tight and 'timing-save' rhythm section, and all these ingredients melted together are building up there music. They give us six songs at all (including the intro track "THE STORM") in something around short eleven or twelve minutes. But if ya now think it's just Hardcore Punk or so, nah, then you're damn wrong. Metallic Hardcore is the foundament of the music of LOW PLACES, and they do combine it with heavy Sludge Core parts that are really taking you down with them, as well as with fast and devastating blast speed Grindcore parts, some few Powerviolence impressions, and a big bunch of an D-Beat or Crustcore assault, and beside this all hatefilled Old School Hardcore (or Hatecore) is also all the time pretty present, and that's all in all more than fine with me. Great stuff!!! If you like, for example, ARSON ANTHEM (how could ya not?!?), yeahr, then you will also like LOW PLACES, trust me. Great stuff!!! About the lyrics I can't tell ya now that many, due to the very extreme vocals (I mean I could tell ya something about them, but I'm not so sure about it at all, and before I tell ya some total non-sense I rather tell ya nothing about instead), and there's no real artwork existing, but that's not that important at all, but what's important is that the production sound is a great one that's totally 100% suiting the music. So now you may know what you get and how it sounds. So, yes, LOW PLACES are a great band that gives us really great music, so download and enjoy it, and I really just hope that there will be finally a label signing them so that there will come a proper physical 'real' release of LOW PLACES. Great!!! Get it!!! (9 of 10 points)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen