Dienstag, 11. Januar 2011

To pass in review: Manslaughter-Gig Reports October 2010 and November 2010

Hey folks,
here now comes a little review of the concert gigs I was at last year in October and November. I've announced, hm, I guess via a 'General Informations' post two weeks ago or so, that I will give you the reports of the gigs all together in one new 'Gig Reports' post. Don't ask yourself why... The concerts had taken place already for quite a while ago (more or less, I know...) and so I can't guarantee ya anything about the details and stuff like this, and that's the reason why I decided to put it all together in one post up here, so that it will be worthwhile.
So okay, here we go, first stop DIARY ABOUT MY NIGHTMARES and HEADSHOT, CRIPPER and ESCALATION...
Saturday, the 09. of November of 2010 - It had been two concerts that I visited at this day. Both gigs taken place in Goslar Rock City. First date was the gig organized by Marcus of THROAT-CUT in Goslar in the B6  with DIARY ABOUT MY NIGHTMARES and HEADSHOT. I was the day on the road with my girlfriend and after she refues to listen to most of my music ;-) I said to her at the evening of this day "C'ya later!" and was on my way. I arrived when the first band DIARY ABOUT MY NIGHTMARES was already playing. Brutal Death Metal with deep growl vocals, 'shreddering' guitars and shitloads of Blast Speed parts. Not that bad, but at all a little bit too boring because it seemed to me like already 'heard-a-thousand-times-before' stuff. But anyhow they really knew how to make some solid vand good alarm and they already got the headbanging crowd pretty good going on. But one thing that I usually get aware of in the B6 over the last concerts I got also this time aware of: Damn, is it loud or is it loud?!? Whooaaa, my ears dictated me to go to the bar to have a drink and to watch the band from the door to the concert room. Damn it, I'm getting old, I guess, haha;-). It was fun to go to this concert, to finally meet Steffi again (Hey you!), as well as Marcus (of THROAT-CUT), and also Bruno and Tiffy (even it totally wasn't their music, haha;-)...), and again also a big bunch of some of my former pupils had been visiting this concert. After DIARY ABOUT MY NIGHTMARES next up would have been HEADSHOT. But I decided not to watch them anyhow, for two reasons: The crew called me up that they, which means in this case 'Pinne', 'Peino', 'Tobilicous', and 'Mayo', would be in the Tor III (also in Goslar City) and after I hadn't met the guys back then for quite a while I decided to go there. Especially, the second reason, because HEADSHOT just simply aren't my band, no, it's to me boring Thrash Metal somewhere between Old School and also a little bit New School, but okay, then I rather listen to the originals in SLAYER, OVERKILL, etc. pp., yehp, I'm not saying that HEADSHOT would be a bad band, but they aren't just 'my' band. So, yehp, Tor III was calling... And I payed entry fee for a second time for another concert this evening. Don't ask any questions... I asked myself already enough, haha;-). Arriving at the Tor III the first band ESCALATION was playing their last few songs... and thank the gods (or whom or what else ever) for this. Horrible Thrash Metal, all songs sounded the same, same (fast) pace, same rhythm, all the same. Nah, forget about. ESCALATION?!? Hm, maybe an escalation of boredom... Talked with the crew, had a laugh, had a say, met Julia (Greetings!), and then time was up for CRIPPER. Thrash Metal with some Death Metal influences in it, and fronted by a very nice to look at chica. CRIPPER was a good act, no doubt about it, nothing that I would need to listen to at home, but they played a very good gig and especially the live performance and the stage acting of the front girl was really, really damn good. If you like to listen to some Thrash Metal (more on the Old School side of things) with some Death Metal stuff in it, then check CRIPPER out, could be something interesting for ya. After the concert I talked with Julia quite a while and then I was up and away and going (or driving) home. Nice concert evening, even the concerts itself hadn't been that great at all anyhow and even if I wouldn't have needed to pay two times entry fee at all for this evening, nah, sure not, haha;-)!!!
Onward to Golgotha, next stop circa two weeks later and again in Goslar, this time with THE METEORS and their support act THE HOWLING WOLFMEN...
Saturday, the 23. of October of 2010 - If ya ask me Psychobilly is one of the most uninteresting and boring and especially most retarded genres of somehow to Rock (& Roll) and Punk music linked Underground music ever, but after the oh so legendary THE METEORS should be playing in Goslar (so more or less in my hood, haha;-)...) I decided to go and give them a fair chance to convince me at least live (after they've failed to do so with every single one of their records). I arrived a little bit late in the Tor III (yehp, again) and so I just saw the last song of the support band THE HOWLING WOLFMEN. I've known nothing of them before this evening and I will propably also in the future know nothing more about them. Okay, okay, okay, to judge by only one song isn't fair, I know, I know, I know, but watching this jackasses scratching on a wash board to play their song and 'singing' that terrible wrong into the mic, uh, uh, uh, didn't know that they meant this 'howling' in their bandname so damn literally. Okay, out of the room watched all these freaks and nerds that participated to join this evening in visiting this concert and I was about to laugh my lung out. What a bunch of absurd and laughable nerds... And with one of the biggest 'Peino' and I had been there, our buddy 'Ossi', incredible, just thinking 'bout his shoes... uh, uh, uh, haha;-)... Okay, how-ever, let the 'kids' have their fun, and soon THE METEORS climbed up the stage and started playing. What shall I say... I talked after their gig with Ede and we two experienced it the same way: They (which means THE METEORS) basically played one song for something about one-and-a-half-hour... The drum playing (beat, rhythm, pace) was more or less all the time the same, the contrabass playing sounded also all the time the same, and the guitar playing sounded just ridiculous equal, too, all the time. What a farce!!! The atmosphere was also pretty strange and violent, due to the occurence of the stage security of THE METEORS this evening. Nah, what a crap concert!!! And that all these Psychobilly, (Neo-) Rockabilly, Punkabilly, Punk'n'Roll, Greaser, etc. pp. bullshit is also nothing but a ridiculous trend farce, nah, I won't have to tell it ya. I really don't feel the need to tell ya more about it, I mean, it would latest then be nothing than running my mouth and this would be bullshit, too. I think I've made myself clear. Ah, but it was nice to meet Ede (thanks for the detailed informations about the future plans with THROAT-CUT and BLACKLIST LTD., and I just hope that it works all out like it's planned), Hank and Diane, greetings to ya all!!! Ah, and Sören was also there, alloting propaganda for some B6 happenings in the halls of the opposition of the Tor III, haha, 'comrade double-agent' at work, haha;-).
Last stop coming through, it had been the middle of November and it was Hardcore time, the 'homecoming' of the great 2 DIAS DE SANGRE (plus REBORN TO CONQUER, THE PLATOON, and BUTCHER), so here we go again on our journey through my final gig reports of 2010...
Saturday, the 13. of November of 2010 - It was really about time that 2 DIAS DE SANGRE returned to Goslar Rock City, and it was pretty clear from the start that I would be there. Especially because also at this day it was the first chance to get their phenomenal new split record with GIVE 'EM BLOOD at a concert of them over here in Germany. So okay, my girlfriend and I came home from a great saturday day-trip at the evening of this saturday. And while she was cooking 'Tobilicous' pretty soon called me where I would be... he was already their and waiting... So, okay, I decided to go a little bit earlier than planned, kissed my chica amante good-bye for the next few hours and on my way I was (like I've already said, we don't really have that much the same taste in music, haha;-)...), and again my destination was also the Tor III in Goslar Rock City. As I arrived I met promptly 'Tobilicous' and 'Pinne' should be coming a little bit later also. Next up had been cheerful salutations of and with Angelo (2DDS) and Jan (2DDS) and with Beat and Björn, and also some very good talkings with Angelo and Jan (all the best for you and your wife and your hopefully healthful new born child) followed up, and as 'Pinne' arrived three major parts of the crew (just look above) were finally together again, haha, and so it was clear that it would became a damn great evening anyhow, haha;-). Firts band had been BUTCHER. Beatdown Hardcore of the... pretty much sucking and damn boring kind... It's always a bad thing if a Beatdown Hardcore band thinks that it's enough to play all songs through-and-through in the typical beat-down-pace and if all your songs existing out of nothing but a beatdown part, yehp, that's not so creative after all and it's totally boring crap. Typical 'Tough Guy' lyrics to it, yoahr, and that was the performance of BUTCHER. Some violent dancing was going on and that was all. Nothing to remember anyhow. But maybe we will see a good future development of them mkore or less soon. Then followed one of the best Berlin Hardcore bands around, REBORN TO CONQUER. I've reviewed their both full length (...) records some time at the beginning of December of 2010 or so, so you can read more about and to them there. Great band, awesome live performance, and their ARKANGEL, INTEGRITY (2000) and ALL OUT WAR influences really came through even stronger than on their albums. Good interaction with the crowd, heavy violent dancing action, yeahr, great band, great gig, nothing left to say more here and now. After this 2 DIAS DE SANGRE followed. Handicaped by the fact that Denis (their singer) was in England (?) this weekend so that they had to do the gig with a displacement-singer. And even that guy did what he can and also a pretty good job at all this was the only weak point of their gig, because he just simply don't have the voice and the charisma and the stage performance quality of Denis. But anyhow they've done just a damn good job. Old and brandnew songs were fired into the crowd and if the Tor III security wouldn't had been so paranoid than the crwod action would have been much better. But so the security grabbed the guys who were doing some violent dancing and carried them out of the concert room. Bullshit, if ya ask me!!! So they turned the gig a little bit down, if you know what I want to say with that. But anyhow, and even Angelo and the boys weren't that satisfied and pretty annoyed with the gig I still think that it was a damn good gig by them. Point and fact!!! Last band of the evening was THE PLATOON. A great mixture out of metallic Hardcore (more) and Beatdown Hardcore (less), and they had given us a great concert, and also an awesome INTEGRITY cover. Violent dancing everywhere, great band, damn authentic attitude, great songs, it was an awesome gig of this to me before this evening totally unknown band. Somehow I can't tell ya more currently, because of the time that passed me by since then, haha;-), like I've already said I'm getting old, haha;-). It was a great evening and I would really wish that more concerts of this kind would be taken place here in Goslar City.
Hm, for all what I've heard then the Tor III will be history from 2011 on, what's a little bit pity, even it was never one of my favorite locations anyhow.
That's it, and some time in the future there will also come new 'Gig Reports' posting again, for sure, and then maybe also again one gig one post...

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen