Dienstag, 3. August 2010

... guilty of being white, guilty of being right? ...


Hey folks out there,

it's 'Videos' time again. I'm currently listen to a lot of Old School Hardcore and I really thought that it's about time to give credit to one of the truly greatest bands of all time, the ones who were the inventors of what we all should know now as xStraight Edge Hardcorex, the great and legendary MINOR THREAT. I've chosen my total favorite track "GUILTY OF BEING WHITE" (especially lyrically a real masterpiece of one of a kind, and it sucks that such lyrics aren't written still today by also 'progressive' bands, 'cause now-a-days even MINOR THREAT get attacked because of this song for being racists or so, and I don't have to tell ya all how stupid this is), and after it's about MINOR THREAT I have to admit that I just can't go without their ultimate anthem "STRAIGHT EDGE". Both songs are live recordings and live videos from out of the golden 1980's, and "GUILTY OF BEING WHITE" is started with a nice little spoken word introduction of Ian MacKaye, and "STRAIGHT EDGE" they do start with some 'spacy' psychedelic Rock musical introduction. Cool!!! You now also get the lyrics to the two songs, before you get the videos, and okay, then just enjoy the nice little video clips. And guys, even I am not xStraight Edgex by myself (but never-the-less a Vegetarian) it don't mean that I have any kind of a 'bad attitude' about the xStraight Edgex movement, and I really don't give a fuck about what-so-ever trendy wankers that are maybe giving xStraight Edge Hardcorex now-a-days a bad name. And being against drugs is always a good thing!!! (As well as being against drug using scum!!!) After all: Great stuff!!!

Now come the lyrics before you do get the clips:
MINOR THREAT - "GUILTY OF BEING WHITE"
"I'm sorry for something I didn't do / Lynched somebody but I don't know who / You blame me for slavery a hundred years before I was born / GUILTY OF BEING WHITE / I'm a convict of a racist crime / I've only served 19 yeas of my time / GUILTY OF BEING WHITE"
MINOR THREAT - "STRAIGHT EDGE"
"I'm a person just like you / But I've got better things to do/ Than sit around and fuck my head / Hang out with the living dead / Snort white shit up my nose / Pass out at the shows / I don't even think about speed / That's something I just don't need / I'VE GOT THE STRAIGHT EDGE / I'm a person just like you / But I've got better things to do / Than sit around and smoke dope / Cause I know I can cope / Laugh at the thought of eating ludes / Laugh at the thought of sniffing glue / Always wanna keep in touch / Never want to use a crutch / I'VE GOT THE STRAIGHT EDGE"
So now you get the two live video clips:

MINOR THREAT - "GUILTY OF BEING WHITE"

MINOR THREAT - "STRAIGHT EDGE"

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen